Monday 24 July 2017

fitness update #1

Well hello there,


Today I am talking all things fitness, and giving you all an update into my own fitness routine (or lack of routine). I've always been somewhat 'fit', I participated in school sports groups and then I began going to the gym once I started at university, however, I've never stuck at it, one thing or another would always get in the way and then I would stop going and ultimately start feeling sorry for myself. I know, oh woe me!

The beginning of this year I was actually doing pretty well, I was eating healthy and going to the gym on a regular basis and guess what, it felt good. So why then Jess, did you stop??

Well I went on holiday and when I returned to the UK it all went a little bit downhill from there. I had just started a new job alongside completing a post grad at university and I was / am always SHATTERED! So I literally stopped exercising for a good 3 months, and then me and Ben began 'Treating ourselves' most nights for being healthy during the day. I know that sounds ridiculous and it was a bit of a running joke at first (no fitness pun intended there). However, it became habit and I began feeling more tired and sluggish, it doesn't help that my job is pretty much sat down in a chair all day. 

So I am entering into a new fitness journey, one which I want to share with you guys along the way. 
I've started a week now, and I still have a very long way to go, especially in terms of my eating habits and continuing to motivate myself, because I cannot rely on someone else to continuously do that for me, right!?

My aim is to go to the gym 3 times a week, and I am looking to do a lot of high intensity workouts, so I won't be spending hours slaving away at the gym, its 35-40 minutes max. Along with this I am getting into running. Currently I've only managed to run for about 10ish minutes without feeling as though I am going to die, because I cannot breathe. 

Ben told me "your mind gives up before your body" and it is so true, I'm currently trying to learn some techniques to slow my breathing down in order to push my body further. I tell you one thing, once my run is complete I feel on top of the world, I just have to put my trainers on and get out of the door first and trust me that really is the hardest part. 

This is my first update, and I am excited to share with you some more updates and some workouts I have been completing in the next couple of months, and hopefully I may inspire someone else along the way.




I hope you enjoyed this little post, and stay tuned for lots more fitness fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one. x